McCall ThrowDown 2021
MF – 1
– 2 mile Brundage Trail Run
MF – 2
– Synchro Grettel
– 10 rounds for time
– 3 Clean and Jerks (135/95 lb)
– 3 Bar over Burpees
– Teams will be broken into two MF groups as chosen by the team.
– This will be two scored events
– 2 mile Brundage Trail Run
– This event will have a 30 min time cap
– Starting from Brundage Lodge athletes will begin on a double track road. There will than be a well marked trail climbing through single track ending with a double track decent back to Brundage Lodge.
– Trail will be well marked for runners. Navigation will not be an issue.
– Time will stop when final runner on team crosses the finish line.
– Synchro Grettel
– This event will have a 10 minute time cap
– Synchro clean and jerk (athletes must reach full extension overhead together prior to completion of the rep)
– Synchro burpees (athletes must touch chest to the ground together prior to completion of the rep)
Team Snatch and Clean & Jerk
—-Female 1 will be given 3 attempts for a max snatch while female 2 will be given 3 attempts for a max clean and jerk. Athletes will be provided with 12 min to complete lifts with 1 lift per 2 min period.
– Following completion athletes will be given a 2 min transition period to reset weights for the male athlete –
—–Male 1 will then be given 3 attempts for a max snatch, followed by male 2 given 3 attempts for a max clean and jerk. Athletes will be provided with 12 min to complete lifts with 1 lift per 2 min period.
MM and FF Pairs
18 min AMRAP
50 Double Dumbbell Deadlift
50 Double Dumbbell Front Squat
50 Double Dumbbell Shoulder to Overhead
50 Single Dumbbell Alternating Hang Squat Clean
50 Single Dumbbell Alternating Snatch
–25 yard synchro Single Dumbbell Lunge–
50 lbs for the men
35 lbs for the women
- Teams will be broken into MM and FF
- This will be two scored events
- Chipper style workout
- Only one teammate will be working at a time, work can be broken up as they choose but must complete the lunge together (see movement standards)
- Score will be number of reps completed in the 18 min time frame – lunges will be given 1 rep per 5 yards
Double Dumbbell Deadlift – The athlete will begin by picking up both dumbbells to achieve full extension in standing, reps will count as one head of each dumbbell touches the ground simultaneously and the athlete returns to a standing position.
Double Front Squat – The athlete must begin the first rep by picking both dumbbells up from the ground. A full grip around each dumbbell must be maintained for the rep to count. Athlete may squat clean the first rep. Rep will count when the athlete has achieved a full squat (hip crease below the knee) and returns to a full standing position. The dumbbells must remain on the athlete’s shoulders for the rep to count.
Double Dumbbell Shoulder to Overhead – The athlete must begin the first rep by picking both dumbbells up from the ground and bringing them to the shoulders. The athlete may press, push press, push jerk or split jerk the weight to the overhead position. Both feet must return to under the athletes body and full lockout overhead must be achieved prior to the rep counting.
Single Dumbbell Alternating Hang Squat Clean – The athlete will pick up one dumbbell and stand to full extension, the athlete must clearly pause with the dumbbell in the hang position. The movement can than begin cleaning the dumbbell to the shoulder. The athlete may choose to squat clean or power clean the dumbbell however a full squat (hip crease below the knee) must be achieved with the athlete standing tall for the rep to count. Athletes must alternate arms after each repetition and may not alternate until a successful rep is achieved. The non-lifting hand and arm may not be in contact with the body during the repetition. The athlete may use two hands while lowering the dumbbell.
Single Dumbbell Alternating Snatch – The athlete will pick the dumbbell off the ground and finishes with the dumbbell directly overhead. At the bottom of the movement, BOTH heads of the dumbbell must touch the ground. The dumbbell must be lifted overhead in one motion. Touch-and-go is permitted. Athletes must alternate arms after each repetition and may not alternate until a successful rep is achieved. The non-lifting hand and arm may not be in contact with the body during the repetition. The athlete may use two hands while lowering the dumbbell.
Synchro Single Dumbbell Lunge – The athletes must begin the first rep by picking the dumbbell up from the ground. Each rep will begin with the athlete standing tall with one dumbbell at the shoulder. A full grip around the dumbbell must be maintained for the rep to count. When the Athletes are standing in full extension they may begin lunging. Each rep will be counted as both athlete’s trailing knee touches the ground at the same time and return to a standing position. Athletes must step with the same leg and maintain the same distance after each completed lunge. Shuffle steps will not be allowed. If the athletes fail a rep they must restart from behind the last 5 yard marker they successfully crossed.
– Each athlete will have a total of 2 minutes to score their longest freestanding handstand hold.
-Athletes can attempt as many times as they would like during the 2 minutes but only their longest HS hold will count.
-Score is all 4 athletes’ times combined.
-Timer will start once the athlete’s feet are not touching the floor and will stop when one or both feet touch the ground or if the athlete falls onto any other body part besides their hands.
-Athletes can move within the gym mat but if their hands cross outside the mat the time will stop.
– This will be a single scored event.